Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Welcome!

So I thought it was about time I escaped facebook and created another website I could set up, specifically for the movie.  I think I blew like 70 bucks on a webhosting site and I couldn't even figure out how to manage it.  Never let your friends influence you if you have the slightest doubt.  Or if you're an idiot

(raises hand)

I didn't realise how simple it was to manage a blog until I started stumbling onto others. Anyway, I'm not just going to post stuff I put up on facebook, i'll get more into detail here with updates, journal entries, video blogs and the lot. I know there's only a select few that even give a shit about the movie, but I have to be obsessed because I've come this far.  So I won't let the fire burn out until it gets distribution.  Otherwise, I'll go back to handing out scratched dvds on the street.  I thought I'd start out self-deprecating, but I get more positive as I go along I swear.  I'd really like to be inspirational too, because that's what got me this far, and I'd like to pass it on to you. 

"No thanks Marty, I'm good."

That's good.  If you're good I'm good.

There are things that I do that I guess are kind of ridiculous.  I fantasize about a talk show interview some day.  I record snippets of dvd commentary, and try not to sound pretensious.  I post up deleted scenes, which is like showing someone all your weaknesses.  I ramble on video blogs because it's theraputic.  Trying to come up with the perfect poster design.  I give out dvds to my friends because I'm always looking for approval.  Constantly craving feedback.

The movie is better now.  I've cut it down- it moves faster, I got all my original music from up and coming artists- very exciting.  Tweaking the sound, which should take another week or two, but I'm coming very close to getting this thing sent out.  I cut out a major scene after regaining some perspective- it's hard to know what works when you see the same thing over and over, but I've stepped away where I could recognize a bump in the road.

Anyway, thanks for dropping by.  I'll keep you posted.  Or I'll post and feel free to check in.  Thanks for all your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment